- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1 pound steak or chicken Cut into Strips
- Zest and juice of 4 limes
- 1 Jalapeno, chopped
- 1 onion, cut in small slices
- 1 (4-8-ounce) can chipotle chilies
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in rings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in rings
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix the avocado oil, lime juice and zest, chilies, jalapeno, and seasonings together in a shallow dish or Ziploc bag Add
meat and marinate overnight or minimum 1 hour.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Place Meat mixture in hot pan and cook until meat is no longer pink. If pan gets too hot reduce heat to medium-low.
- Once meat is thoroughly cooked add remaining ingredients to pan with meat and cook until veggies begin to wilt.
- Remove from heat and serve over bed of romaine or as is.
- Top with your favorite Ingredients (Fresh Pico is delicious!)