I have been using natural soaps and products for many years. I always thought I had to buy store products but then learned making my own soap was so much easier and cheaper. I love my lavender honey body wash because it leaves my skin super smooth and has a very neutral after scent which is nice.
- 5 Tablespoons Liquid Castille Soap
- 3-4 Tablespoons Raw Honey (As pure and dark as you can find)
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado oil, Vitamin E Oil, or Olive Oil (or a mixture of the three)
- 10-15 drops Lavender Essential oil (Or which ever scent youd like)
- 3-5 drops Eucalyptus or Peppermint Oil (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Lavender
- Mix all ingredients carefully in a medium size glass bowl. Use a skewer or chopstick in order to mix carefully. (I use my large Pyrex 2 cup glass measuring cup to mix in because it has a spout which makes transferring easy.)
- Once mixed well carefully pour into desired bottle. Do not use a bottle with a pump otherwise you risk the lavender jamming it.
- Be sure to shake your bottle before each use because the honey tends to separate from the oils/castille soap.
- A little bit goes a long way with this soap. If you can find one I would recommend using a sea sponge to wash with because it requires less soap to lather then a loofah
- Once you use about half the soap in your bottle you can just pour in some more castille soap to replenish it. Be sure to only do this once and then use the remainder of the soap before making more.