Today I had my whole day planned out, I was going to go shopping at the farmers market and get everything we needed for the week. That plan was foiled quickly when instead of waking up at 11 when my alarm rung I woke up at 4pm... I had plans at 5 so that didn't leave me time for shopping. instead of following my week plan I decided to do one better and just eat what I found in the freezer/fridge/pantry. My search was quite fruitful. I managed to throw together a delicious meal when I got home at 730. I made a quick Korean teriyaki stir fry over rice.
Stir Fry is one of my favorite meals to make because it flavorful, simple, ,healthy and cheap to make. Stir Fry is also an extremely flexible dish meaning you can throw almost any vegetable in it and its bound to taste good.
So the ingredients are super simple!
1. First you want to cook your rice. Rice can take you anywhere between 15-25 minutes so it is smart to let it cook first while you prepare the rest of the meal. Put your rice and one cup of water in your rice maker and cook. If you don't have a rice maker then follow the instruction s on the bag or box for stove top cooking.
2. Next you want to go ahead and cube your chicken breast.
3. After you finish cubing your chicken you are going to heat the coconut oil on medium heat in a wok. Once oil is liquified you want to add the chicken.
4. Cook chicken thoroughly until you no longer see any pink. Then once fully cooked go ahead and add your stir fry sauce and coat chicken evenly. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, be sure to toss frequently so chicken doesn't stick to pan and burn
5. While chicken is cooking in the sauce go ahead and chop up your veggies. Once chopped add them to the pan and coat evenly, add the 1/4th cup water to thicken the sauce.
6. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
7. Once veggies are tender serve over the rice, sprinkle with green onions. Makes 4 servings. Enjoy!!